The Management Committee have agreed that members of the club should be given the opportunity to continue to play competitive golf if they wish. Obviously, the situation can change on a day to day basis and the Club & Complex are being guided by England Golf & other relevant bodies. However, in the meantime all scheduled BMGC Opens will be cancelled & all inter-club matches cancelled/postponed until at least the end of May. The Seniors, Juniors & Ladies sections will be considering which of their events should go ahead if any.
Additional safeguards that are in place.
1. Howellers will be in lockdown and a takeaway service provided through a hatch/window/door.
2. Access restricted to reception 1/2 people at a time. Also applies to access to toilets.
3. Enter scores in the computer as normal for qualifying events, but only 1 person allowed up the stairs at a time (no congregation).
4. Use pencil/gloves or other implement to enter scores not your fingers.
5. Wash Hands for 30 seconds before and after entering scores.
6. The complex has been putting up further signage.
On the course –
1. Rakes have been taken away and Ball Cleaners have been put out of use.
2. The cups inside the holes have been upturned so that your ball can be retrieved without removing the flagstick.
3. Avoid handling the flagstick if you do use a gloved hand
Please follow the warnings regarding Washing Hands & Self Isolate if you or associates have Symptoms. If in doubt, please keep away from the Complex.
For the Men’s Winners Plate & both medals on Sunday, will you please –
• Drop your score-card into the box below computer terminal (after entering your scores ,as above).
• Wash your hands before and after play.
• Avoid contact with other players, including handshakes before and after the game
• Putt with the flag stick in and avoid touching the flag stick.
• Do not touch other players clubs or pick up someone’s golf ball. Use gloves to handle score-cards.
• Stay at least 2m away from people.
• Avoid using the shoe cleaner
• Use your feet and back of the club to rake bunkers.
Thank you for your co-operation.
Broome Manor Golf Complex
As a valued member, we wanted to update you on the steps Broome Manor is taking to help minimise the spread of COVID-19. We are continuing to follow and monitor official guidance from the UK Government and Public Health England carefully.
To help combat the spread of COVID-19, we have been putting precautionary safety measures in place at the club, including:
– Educating our staff on prevention
– Emphasising frequent hand washing
– Cleaning equipment and high contact points frequently
– Sanitising of flag sticks and ball washers in the morning before play
– Sanitising of door handles, tables, chairs, toilet seats and taps regularly
– Sanitising range baskets and ball machines
– Increased cleaning routines
– We will be regularly opening windows and doors
– We will be holding a weekly management meeting to discuss and review our current contingency plans
We would encourage as per guidelines that anyone who isn’t feeling well not to visit the golf club.
It is still being encouraged to have plenty of exercise outdoors. We would like to highlight some do’s and do not’s if you do come and play golf at Broome Manor
Wash your hands before and after play.
Avoid using ball washers on the course
Avoid contact with other players including handshakes before and after the game
Putt with the flag stick in and avoid touching the flag stick.
Do not touch other players clubs or pick up someone’s golf ball.
Minimise the number of players in your group. If you have 4 people book 2 times.
Where possible avoid sitting in close groups while inside the clubhouse.
Now the weather is improving consider sitting outside
Wear gloves and stay at least 2m away from people.
Use contactless where possible and avoid using cash.
Check in for tee times via the reception office window to reduce close contact
Quote membership numbers instead of handing over membership cards
Avoid using the shoe cleaner
Do not use on course bunker rakes please use your feet and back of the club.
As the café are offering a take away drinks service we encourage reusable cups to avoid waste.
Golf Management Team